Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Lion Engineering is looking for an experienced Quality Systems Manager to join their growing business.
You will be responsible for delivering strategic plans and driving the department into the future.
Permanent full-time position
Competitive rates offered with benefits
Applicants must be energetic, ambitious,
Role and Responsibilities:
Within a machine-shop and welding facility. Managing a team of 2 Quality personnel to support
production and ensuring our clients’ needs and expectation are met in full.
Part of the Senior Management responsible for strategic direction of the business and ensuring resource to directed to support the business aims.
* Compile, manage, maintain and fully conversant with ISO 9001/API & NS2/GS3001
* Maintain and develop the company`s Quality Management System, Policy and Manual.
* Appointed person for Health, Safety & Environmental issues.
* Promote an HSE culture and lead efforts to improve HSE as well as and Quality performance which includes Supplier and Customer development?
* Liaise with all department heads on matters of Quality & HSE
* Organising and managing staff and staff levels so as to ensure effective running of the department.
* Managing and developing company personnel to meet industry and clients requirements.
* Planning and conducting Internal and external Quality audits as well as health & safety auditing with the capacity of providing clear verbal and written reports.
* Provide inductions to new hires including employees, contractors, agency workers and third parties.
* Provide relevant HSE training, as appropriate, at all levels of the organisation.
* Devise agenda, manage and conduct Safety Rep meetings to ensure continuous improvement of the facilities HSE aspects affecting employees.
* Co-ordinate a programme of process and activity risk assessments to ensure all operations is assessed.
* Analysis of defective parts, implementing Corrective / Preventative action plan in an 8D format.
* Implementation of accurate / detailed Quality Control Plans and Process sheets.
* Creating / Updating Quality Manual, Operating, Training and Test Procedures where necessary.
* Training of Company Personnel and Apprentices.
* Effective communication skills both internally and externally.
* Implementation of Continuous Improvement activities.
* Managing, maintaining and implementing facility improvements.
Minimum of two years ISO 9001 Quality Management implementation and maintenance skills
Preferred CMM experience
A sound knowledge of manufacturing/operational processes
Experience of managing a team
Relevant / suitable qualifications both administrative and technical
Qualified as a Lead Aditor
Demonstrate ability to manage departmental budgets
Exeperience of integrated QSHE systems
Please send your CV to